I love Lemon Meringue Pie. I truly do. Maybe it’s because it’s different from the typical chocolate/cream pie. Maybe it’s because it looks so dang pretty. Whatever the reason may be, bottomline is, I love it.
Here’s a simple recipe for Lemon Meringue Pie (picture not mine but Edward’s) || Pre-Heat Oven to 350:
– Crust Ingredients: 14 Graham Crackers and 1 Stick of Butter (simple, noh?)
– Crust Procedure: Pulse the graham crackers in your food processor until it’s broken down into bite sized pieces. Add the butter in small chunks. Pulse again until the mixture begins to climb the wall of your work bowl. Press the mixture into a 9″ Pie Pan. Bake for 5-10 minutes.
– Filling Ingredients: 4 Yolks, 12 Ounces of Condensed Milk, 1 Tsp. of Lemon Extract and 4 Ounces of Lemon Juices [Optional: Zest of 1 Lemon]
– Filling Procecure: Mix everything together (tricky noh?). Pour into baked crust and bake for 15 minutes or until set.
– Meringue Ingredients: 4 Egg Whites, A Pinch of Cream of Tartar and 100 Grams of Sugar
– Meringue Procedure: Whisk together the egg whites and the cream of tartar. When bubbles start to appear, gradually add the sugar. Whisk until stiff peaks form. Immediately put atop the still hot filling. Bake at 450 for 5 minutes or until golden brown.
There you have it. My simplest Lemon Meringue Pie recipe. No resting doughs, no rolling doughs, no stove-tops, no nothing. Just chill the pie when it has cooled down and serve after at least 2 hours in the refrigerator.
By the way, my apologies for not posting my own picture(s). My camera broke down soon after our challenge, and it’s under repair for the meantime.